Summary: Is there any way to only backup Android and iPhone WhatsApp contacts to computer? You can find the answer here.
We WhatsApp avid users are keen on using WhatsApp to keep in touch with friends, family and others, regardless of distance. So we do not wish that any of our WhatsApp data are lost or deleted, especially WhatsApp contact list. To this end, it is important for us to backup WhatsApp contacts from iPhone to somewhere else to keep them safely, like computer and external hard drive.
Do you want to use WhatsApp’s built-in backup feature to save WhatsApp contacts? I am afraid that WhatsApp can’t do that for you. Since it can only backup WhatsApp chat history and media, never including WhatsApp contacts. Then how can you prevent WhatsApp contacts from losing?
In the following article, we will guide you through some simple steps to backup WhatsApp contacts on Android/iPhone and restore them back to your phone device later.
How to Backup WhatsApp Contacts from Android/iPhone to PC
Before we get started, you should download this WhatsApp Backup & Restore tool on your Windows computer. It is this WhatsApp Manager program that enables you to copy Android and iPhone WhatsApp contacts to computer in CSV, HTML, PDF and TXT format. Moreover, it can not only save WhatsApp contacts from Android/iPhone to computer, but also save WhatsApp chat history, call logs, photos, videos and voice messages.
1. Run this manager on your PC, and choose the Backup function.
2. Connect your phone to computer and when it is recognized by the program, click NEXT to let the program start scanning.
Note: For iOS device, if it is encrypted, you have to enter the password when prompted.
3. Once scan finishes, hit the Contacts option and you will see the contact list of your WhatsApp. Choose the ones you need and click BACKUP button at the bottom right corner.
After you complete the above steps, your WhatsApp contacts have been exported from your phone to the local folder on your computer.
Related Article: How to Save iPhone WhatsApp Messages to Computer?
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup to Android/iPhone?
Then your next question may be: how to restore WhatsApp contacts from backup to my Android/iPhone? Take your time. As we now start in at once.
Well, whenever you want to restore WhatsApp data like contacts, messages and photos etc, launch the program again. And follow the instructions below.
1. Connect your phone to computer. On the program interface, hit the function you need: Restore WhatsApp data from backup file.
2. Then select the WhatsApp backup that includes your desired WhatsApp contacts.
3. After a while, the program will display all the files found in the backup file. You need to choose the Contacts option and then select which contacts to be restored.